darktable export to TIFF bug?

With darktable 2.4.1 on Windows 8.1, I tried to export to “pbpx_dt.tiff” (with 2 f’s) but DT changed the name and exported to “pbpx_dt.tif” (with one f).

Is this a bug or a feature?

f:\prose\PICTURES>c:\programfiles\darktable\bin\darktable-cli pbpx_ctm.dng pbpx_dt.tiff  2>pbpx_dt.lis

[export_job] exported to `pbpx_dt.tif'

I don’t know if it is a bug, but nobody care about bugs in old version. Darktable 2.4.1 is from 22. January 2018 we are at the moment at version 2.6.2.

When I save an image with Irfanview as TIFF, the file ends with .tif
Don’t think it’s a bug

No bugs, I confirm that the tiff file extension is .tif

Cuando creo un archivo tiff con darktable y lo abro en photoshop para darle algún último retoque, al ir a guardar para web, me da error, sólo me ocurre con los tiff creados en darktable y, otro problema es que los jpg creados directamente en darktable, si los subo a flickr, NO reconoce el modelo de lente con los que se ha disparado la fotografía. ¿Os ocurre a algun@ también?. Si es así decidme por favor, cual puede ser la solución. GRACIAS.

Hi @JAVI! Welcome.

Please tell us what the tiff error is.

You can use exiftool or exiv2 to copy the necessary metadata to your jpeg. Or there is a new feature I’m version 3.0 to copy metadata to the output.

Al abrir el tiff en photoshop para darle algún retoque y al ir a guardar en “Guardar para web” me aparece un mensaje: No se ha podido completar la operación. Se ha producido un error desconocido. Sólo me ocurre cuando el tiff ha sido creado desde Darktable.

This might be the issue then, its hard to say what Photoshop thinks the “unknown error” is