Darktable tip - how to access the right click menu

Hello dt experts
I’m looking for a way to access the ‘right click’ menu commands from this Macbook Pro. I can control + click to see the right click menu on every other app under the sun, but not in dt. How does a Mac user in dt access the right click menu. I’m most interested in the delete function.

Thanks

There is no context-sensitive right-click menu in darktable, if this is what you mean (except for one or two modules where text can be entered).

What do you want to delete?

What do you expect in a right click menu in a Linux originated app?
Why not simply read the manual to get the user interface concept ?

OK, maybe I don’t need right click, but access the functionality in the tags library and Masks Manager for example, so I can delete old tags and drawn shapes that I don’t want.

In the manual (3.8 version) I can find this about the Mask Manager:
This module can be used to create, rename, edit and delete shapes. You can add shapes to and remove shapes from a mask, group shapes together, and combine them using set operators.
and
Right-click on a shape name to show a menu containing options to remove the current shape or to remove all shapes not currently in use.

I’m looking for a Mac way of getting to this menu or the functions contained in it.

Any thoughts?

Hi Martin
Are there alternative ways to do what is indicated in the manual. Apparently you can delete shapes in the Mask Manager (for example) by accessing the right click menu.

In the manual (3.8 version) I can find this about the Mask Manager:
This module can be used to create, rename, edit and delete shapes. You can add shapes to and remove shapes from a mask, group shapes together, and combine them using set operators.
and
Right-click on a shape name to show a menu containing options to remove the current shape or to remove all shapes not currently in use.

Is there an alternative way to access that functionality?

since darktable isn‘t a native mac app but a ported Linux app there’s no mac way - there aren’t even developers owning a mac :wink:

aside of the mask manager there aren’t many options to deal with shapes - everything is described in darktable 4.0 user manual - drawn masks

I think you should at least start an issue / feature request in GitHub. Maybe there could be a way to access the menu via a shortcut key.

I enabled secondary click. Works now.

Thanks for that. Fortunately another source suggested enabling secondary click. Works perfectly now. Cheers

Would it be worth including this information in the user manual as a trouble shooting tip for MAC users? I don’t use a MAC, but many of my students would.