darktable under win10 crashed while drawing a mask

Hi darktable developers,
First of all thank you very much for this wonderful piece of software!
Today I experienced a crash of darktable while I was drawing a mask (path) in the blooming module. I also use darktable under ubuntu 16.04, where I have not made this experience.

I hope I can show the crash report to the developers this way. Please excuse I don’t have experience with software programming. I am new here, and I would like to help improving the program.

Best regards!

darktable_bt_L0FPKZ.txt (10,3 KB)

Hi @Lichttisch and welcome!

You’ve done well in attaching the back trace :slight_smile:

@peterbud works on the windows version, I’m sure he will be along soon to help diagnose the issue.

That crash is deep in dt’s mask code which is not exactly the best maintained part. Can you reproduce the crash or was that just a one-off thing?

I have played again with masks, but I couldn’t reproduce the crash.

Last time I was creating a path and drew the mouse over the left border of the picture before the crash occured. Maybe this info can help to locate the bug.

I experienced another problem, when using darktable under win10. This time it seems to be related to opencl. Darktable/Linux doesn’t show this problem.

When I use opencl and graduated mask the results are ugly blotches. Seem comparing jpegs. I have included the xmp as well.

Best regards.IMG_7187_03.CR2.xmp (8,8 KB)

OK, this time I experienced the darktable crash under Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, when using the graduated mask.

Who can help me to find the crash log? I’d like to post it here…

BR

/tmp/

Hello @houz,

in /var/crash is a file _usr_bin_darktable.1000.crash, but it is of the day before !? Size:138,8 MB. Am I expected to upload here?

/tmp/ does not contain a log…

Oh right, you are on Ubuntu. Generating backtraces doesn’t work there. Sorry.

OK, thank you.

Hello @houz ,

Sorry to show another bug here. Under Win10 and darktable, module local contrast produces this halo. For local contrast I used the laplacian filter. The linux version does not show this bug.

bug in local contrast.CR2.xmp (17,5 KB)

If you need additional information, please let me know.

BR

Try disabling OpenCL in the preferences.

Darktable was started without opencl. I disabled it because of the problems above. So this problem should be different from the problem above.