darktable windows insider program 11/6

Here’s the link to the latest weekly snapshot of darktable 4.1, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FmG6rmwSDSTxzOEQ7TCw8K-BhY0WRP_c/view?usp=share_link. The list of commits from the last version to this one is at Comparing 19825f35c..70da6dcc8 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub

6 Likes

Sorry if this a silly question, was there some info on this forum a while back on how to run one of these development versions alongside the working stable version without it interfering with the current database?
If so could somebody point me to it as I can’t seem to find it. Many thanks.

This thread I started: Oh help! DT 4.0 won't start after trying insider build (sorta solved!) - #5 by 123sg more or less covers it, although with the emphasis on windows. But basically it’s a matter of directing dt to use other directories, from the command line when starting, and also in preferences switching off writing .xmp files.
The ‘program invocation’ (I think that’s what it’s called) section in the manual covers at least some of it IIRC.
But I’m not an expert (obviously)

@123sg Perfect, many thanks!

1 Like

The darktable insider version does not start on my system (Win11). It quickly flashes a full-screen window, then vanishes. The log file says [dt_pthread_create] info: bumping pthread's stacksize from 0 to 2097152 a few times, but no error message or anything like that. I also tried wiping the darktable configuration directory, but that didn’t change anything. Neither does starting darktable with -d all or --disable-opencl.

Never mind. A reboot fixed the issue, whatever it was.