darktable windows insider program 5/29

Here’s the link to the latest weekly build of darktable 3.9, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vMlE7JJ2DT8x0qegV4TSP5AZDPOrw1WT/view?usp=sharing. A list of the latest changes is available at Pulse · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub

3 Likes

Seems to be stable again. Thanks :+1:

I hope it’s ok the write here some Windows specific feedback. If not, feel free to outsource this to a new thread.

Looks like elegant grey wil become the default DT theme. But at least for me the font rendition is very uncomfortable to look at.

Linux

Windows, fontsize 10 to have the same size as Linux

Windows default

At least most text in the modules seems to be ok…

But it seems like some fonts should be adjusted for the Windows version.

Update:

I removed the “light” from the “Segoe UI light” in the Win 10 default line in darktable-elegant-darker.css. This makes it a lot better for me.

grafik

Now Windows default

1 Like

Agreed, I noticed the same and already commented.

1 Like

Ideally you should install the Roboto font. Feel free to raise an issue about the font settings though. Perhaps we should have a variant of the grey theme that uses the same font settings as the old default theme.

No need to add a specific grey theme I think. Here it’s about not having Roboto fonts used (so probably not installed) and all elegant themes use that font by default (and it’s recommended). And maybe just updated Windows font could fix the issue without adding a theme. As I asked on Github, posting an issue about that (specific to Windows) is better to find better fonts settings for Windows. Maybe just remove light as suggested here by @apostel338

1 Like

Yes, Roboto is no default Windows font. But even with Roboto installed, the light font is not very comfortable to read (although not as bad as Segue). Here as well, it’s way better to remove the “light”.

Roboto light

Roboto, light removed

I will have a look at raising a github issue later.

Update:

1 Like