darktable YouTube live

If is it possible to reduce the pink color of this archive.What modules have i must use? It’s made with a Fuji camera and then convert to a DNG with Lightroom. And when I try to view in Darktable it is pink image[Uploading: JCS1903854.DNG…]

Your file upload did not work.

Negadoctor is merged into darktable master, to be released in the next minor update.

To all : was the live any good ? It’s quite hard in English…

1 Like

I really enjoyed the live “tutorial” (even though I couldn’t attend the last half an hour or so)! Cleared up many questions. Thanks a lot for taking the time.

It is very helpful to see you edit in real time with real problems instead of presenting a scripted “story” or presenting a before and after only.

I am not a native speaker myself but the language was not at all a problem. You speak excellent English!

One question: Where would be the best place to post any follow-up questions or new questions? Here at pixls? Reddit? Some other place?

Thanks again!

1 Like

Excellent video even if I missed a few parts (my bad!). English was perfectly understandable for me (not a native speaker either). Thanks for your time!

I have not seen the image but try adjusting your raw white point that can lead to pink images if it is not set correctly for your camera or may have happened somehow in the dng conversion…

Thanks, I prove it

That was an excellent live video @anon41087856 ! Although I had planned to do it, I could not participate. I hope I can be there next time.

And yes, as you have seen, channel mixer absolutely needs a little bit of love, especially because there is a huge potential in it that can’t be exploited because it is still a mystery how it works and how to use it.

2 Likes

It was very interesting, and I learned a lot from just looking! Thanks again!

Using the different masks with all the input and output sliders is still a bit of a black box for me, if there ever is a future session it would be nice to see more of that.

I could only watch (parts of) the recording as well. On the masks, the theory was pretty clear to me, I just wonder in what situation people use one over the other in practice. I usually only use the input mask, because I find it easier to predict the effect, but could imagine that output masks can be useful to tame some otherwise extreme adjustments.

!@#$ I missed it, with the endless work from home meetings. I watched part of the video, though, and it seems very worthwhile (and perfectly understandable).

Thanx; it will brighten up these days. I clicked with darktable from the first minute and I planned to use this period to practice PP with darktable, so looking forward to sit, watch, enjoy, and take notes.

It was very good (I couldn’t make it live, but I have just finished viewing it on you tube).

YES! There’s noticeable lag in chat so you might’ve missed some questions thrown. You need to do those more (if time permits)

1 Like

Yep, it was! And I don’t have any problems with your English at all.

I managed to watch the first half and really enjoyed it. Your english is perfectly fine and as a Canadian who didn’t pay attention in french classes in school I certainly appreciate your willingness to do these in english. I’ll get to the second half this weekend. I do like the youtube live format. Fun watching the comments during the part I was able to see before I jumped off. Did you answer the question on what kind of beer you were enjoying?

I did not :wink: It was a Belgian Kasteel tripel red.

4 Likes

Yes, it was very useful (as any of your videos and scripts). English is not my native language, but you are speaking not too fast, mainly with simple words and perfectly understandable. Much better than many native speakers speaking very fast, with some special accent or mumbling.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to do this. I enjoyed it a lot. Neither French nor English are my native tongues but I understood everything perfectly fine. Well done.

I have a couple of questions though

1. Do I really need to open up a youtube channel in order to participate in the chat?
  2. @anon41087856 Just out of curiosity: You shoot jpg+raw? I am just asking as I try to get a reasonable way of shooting that way but I always feel that I give about 1EV if I expose for the jpg (camera histogram ok for the scene). Than I have to raise base exposure in dt without base curve by about that 1EV. Hope that makes sense
  3. I love that color assessment mode in the darkroom. Is there a keyboard shortcut for that? Could’t find it in the menue

Keep up the good work, thanks everyone for the fun and stay safe.

If the stream is on YouTube, then yes.

2 Likes

yes

It’s ok to shoot jpeg+raw. sometimes jpeg is “good enough”, but raw’s there to play with :slight_smile:

out the top of my head: in release 3.0.1 ctrl+shift+f. or press H to see keyboard shortcuts. or press the lightbulb icon in bottom right corner in darkroom.

1 Like

CTRL+B is correct. But the hint with the “h” key led me there. Always forget the help function. Thank you