DCP illuminant shots question

So I just got a colorchecker and a EOS 90D.

I was looking through the guide on taking the illuminant shots on Rawpedia and I have a question on how they should be taken. Probably dumb but how should the white balance be set for the shots? Should it be set for daylight or tungsten accordingly or is white priority AWB better?

I have some incandescent bulbs coming in soon so I hope to get the shots taken at least even if there are still CR3 hurdles.

Hopefully these clear 2700k 100 watt bulbs will give a good result it was the only thing I could find that was not halogen or led and above 2200k without frosting.

You need to shoot raw, and there is not white balance in a raw file. The color temp is recorded for the raw, but has no bearing on the actual raw data

Now, your mileage may vary, but I found I could correct white balance by shooting a target shot and just demosaicing it, no white balance correction, for the ICC profile generation (not DCP, I don’t think they’ll accommodate this). I don’t do it regularly (a PITA), but in the few images I processed that way, the colors were richer without extra processing…

Thanks guys.

@paperdigits Yeah dumb question like I said totally forgot that the raw is not White Balance should have thought harder :rofl: