DDG (Deep Dream Generator)

Is someone of the G’mic experimenters interested in examining the possibility to take the challenge of “approaching” DDG process in G’MIC?
G’MIC Stylize could be a good start.
There is apparently a “revival” of DDG fans on Gimpchat.

David did create Stylizer as his G’MIC answer to DDG, Diego, but still, it’s very difficult to beat an AI. :slight_smile:

GMIC stylize is a great filter. I only wish that some one would create a palate swap filter. Unlike the stylize it would only swap the color palates and not the style, altering the target image color with close shades from the sampling image and leave the colors intact that do not have a close alternative.

1 Like

Welcome here, I think you know already, but there are 4 color transfer filters: Colors>Transfer Colors [Histogram] , Transfer Colors [Patch Based] , Transfer Colors [PCA] and Transfer Colors [Variational].

This makes your question interesting:

…altering the target image color with close shades from the sampling image and leave the colors intact that do not have a close alternative.

I think Transfer Colors [Variational] comes most close to your wish. But maybe there is room for improvement?

You could generate a colour difference (ΔE) mask and then blend the original and transformed images based on that. However, I don’t think it is currently available in the plugin.