default module order(s)

hi,

I have been using the module Negadoctor a lot recently and I find that chromatic aberrations (not raw chromatic aberrations) should come after it. I am not 100% sure if that is good if the Negadoctor is not used, but I tend to think that at least it would not hurt other edits. Or what about creating a new module order for editing negatives? I even know how to change this in the code, but of course I would like feedback from others before I create a pull request.

Best

Anna

I think module order is saved with a style so if you move CA and add ND and save that as a style you could apply it this way with your order instead of the default if it seems to work better?? At least in the interim

1 Like

You are aware that you can safe your personalized module order?

Out of the box darktable comes with the legacy, v3.0 for JPEG and the default v3.0 for RAW presets that are available (hamburger thingy, bottom right corner in darkroom view).

Once you change the module order a store new preset option appears and you can add, in this case, a Negadoctor, or whatever you want to call it, preset.

2 Likes

I am aware of all those possibilities. I was just wondering if it’s possible to optimize the default settings.

Ah, I now get what you want to do. Not sure if it is a viable thing to ask for though. The current default is optimized for general usage. The 2 alternatives and the option to create one yourself should cover the other needs.

It would be nice if the auto apply this preset to… section would actually work as expected when creating one yourself. I do remember reading somewhere that that was not possible though.

Anyway, just a non-developer mumbling a bit :sweat_smile:

BTW: Had fun in Utrecht?

I already have a very similar module order optimisation commit right now in dt 3.7 git master.
Anyway, chromatic aberrations before negadoctor is certainly wrong if negadoctor is active. And, as I sad, with other edits I think it does not hurt if it is later.

Well… I think we had a very nice afternoon in Utrecht. Too bad you could not join.