Did something change with bilateral filter?

I’ve had this preset for a few years now. Tried it today and I get this error. Also, Texture Sharpening is broke (not showing errors for that). What happened? :slight_smile:

Hi Lyle,
seemingly gimp_bilateral has been changed to gimp_smooth_bilateral. Maybe something similar with texture sharpening? Faves have to be updated too!
Regards
Karsten

Yes, I’m sorry Lyle, I’ve changed the filter slightly, so you have to “re-fave” it again.
There have been quite a lot of changes these days, and they may break previous presets.
But, the good news is that as this will be the last version of the branch 1.7.x, it is expected to stay stable for a long time :slight_smile:

No biggy; just glad it wasn’t anything major. As for the texture enhance preset, that wasn’t a fav so not sure if that one will ever get fixed or not. I use this preset sometimes to enhance certain paper/fabric textures but there’s other ways to enhance those textures too (and the texture enhance preset’s relatively new regardless). :slight_smile:

What is the “Texture sharpening” filter you are talking about ? I’ve tried “Sharpen [texture]” and “Texture enhance” filters but they both work as expected.

Here’s the preset, David. :slight_smile:

Ah OK.
I think this is fixed in current version 1.7.9_pre available on the website :slight_smile:

Thanks for the head’s up, David. Will wait, though, until you release the update since, for the most part, I don’t have any issues with 1.7.8. :slight_smile: