Digikam 5.7.0 issue

Running ArchLinux, fully updated and Digikam always ran perfectly well. Suddenly, all thumbnails have disappeared from the main screen - thumbnails are still available in calendar view and, from there open neatly in ShowFoto for editing. Checked whether any filters but none applied. Refreshed albums to no effect. Even deleted and rebuilt DB, finally entirely removed and reinstalled Digikam.

What am I missing? Only thing I can think of would be a small edit I made to a file in /usr/share/lensfun to one of the XML files but I cannot imagine that to be a source of trouble.

Ran digikam from the konsole and I can see nothing untowards in the output there either. Ideas are appreciated…

1 Like

Running KDE Neon here and have updated to digikam 5.7 and see the exact same issue. Frustrating as I tried rebuilding all my thumbnails (150k images) and still nothing.

@Mike_Bing maybe this?
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=367784

Search for clues and report problems upstream, using the above link.

Have you tried the AppImage to see if the problem is present there as well?

99% this is due to an update to qt 5.9.3. That issue was reported and fixed, so you need to either downgrade qt or better use appimages until digikam 5.8 is out.

1 Like