digiKam 7.0.0-rc is released

Dear digiKam fans and users, Just few words to inform the community that 7.0.0 release candidate is out and ready to test two month later the third beta release published in April. After a Covid-19 containement stage at home, this new version come with more than 740 bug-fixes since last stable release 6.4.0 and look very promising. We are in finalisation stage now to be ready to publish the 7.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.digikam.org/news/2020-06-14-7.0.0-rc_release_announcement/
8 Likes

Thanks for the new release. I keep waiting for new releases of Digikam to show up.

About the flatpak support, the flathub repo still shows beta3 as the current version.

$ flatpak search digikam
Name           Description                    Application ID        Version           Branch       Remotes
digiKam        Photo Management Program       org.kde.digikam       7.0.0-beta3       master       kdeapps
digiKam        Photo Management Program       org.kde.digikam       7.0.0-beta3       stable       flathub
13:52 ♒ ॐ ♅ ⛢  ☺ 😄

FlatHub configuration is not yet updated. It must be reported to

Merci

Bravo and thanks!

BTW, is there anyway to sign up for new release announcement?

Cheers.

Very good, thank you please keep up the good job. I love your app.

Thumbnails and Preview opens in the same window space up and down, effectively wasting the space.

Can it be side by side, ideal will be

Thumbnails view is a movable box. Just drag it on the right side of the preview area, and that all…

I just tried, I couldn’t drag to the left of the preview. DK 6.4.0 appimage.

Where’s the handle? When I try to grab something on the upper portion of the preview/thumbnails, DK only switch to that image.

Thanks.