Digikam 7.0.1 not installing

I am trying to install Digikam 7.0.1 on my laptop using windows 8.1. After I install the program it shows up in start, but the icon is not the digikam logo.

Here is the problem. I get the following error message each time I try to launch the program:

1. “Error while opening the database. digikam will try to automatically try to reconnect to the database”
  2. Nothing happens so I click the OK button.
  3. Now I get a new error. “Failed to open database, You cannot use digikam without a working database. digikam will attempt to start now, but will not be functional. Please check the database setting in the configuration settings.”
  4. I click OK again and the program opens but I cant do anything.

Can someone help me, please?

Thank you.

PS I would really like to see the correct digikam icon on my screen as well.

If you go into the settings then the database settings, please take a screenshot and post it.

Thank you but where do I find

Thank you but where do I find those settings m

In the digiKam settings panel.

You may have missed this:

If he can’t do anything, he also can’t open the settings panel :wink:

I don’t think it is 100% clear that is the case.

I guess I mis spoke. I can open the program but I can’t access any drives my photos are in. I will see if I can open the setting thought. I just went to the setti gs and found it was not pointing to the correct path. Letscser if that works. I would like to see the Digimam icon on my start though. Just shows a basic icon. Can I change it?

All good. Ill start another topic regarding the icon
Thank you all for your help.