discuss: 403 for embedded images (in discobot tutorial)

@patdavid thanks for building and maintaining this community. I just now signed up for this discuss platform and had the (if you have used discourse before – little longish) honour to get an introduction by @discobot. As part of this we went through the process of including a picture in a post. The example given was this:

I’m not sure if you can see the image, I can’t (getting a broken image icon) and if I try to use the direct link, I end up with an nginx error 403. Looking at the file name, not sure if this is an intended pun, although I then would have to disagree as I saw many of these already, other people just called them by a different name, maybe 'cause they don’t fulfil the expected ideal of beauty. :wink:
Anyway, hopefully this is a thing easy to fix. And thanks again for your dedication!

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

This is unusual, if I click the link, I also get a 403. If I refresh the page, I then see the image.

@darix are you seeing the same thing?

Today it works for me (here in the thread + link).

I saw the unicorn image in the post the first time (to the best of my knowledge) I looked at this thread. If I click it, I get taken to a page which says “Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.”

Confirmed