Donations to darktable

Howdy,

we’re approaching the end of 2018 and it’s about time for my annual planning of “who gets what”

• Gimp has received a small amount via Paypal through Gnome
  • Sea Shepherd has got some (yes - I am a watersport person and I support Sea Shepherd)
  • Wikipedia like every year
  • darktable is on the list but … I haven’t found any link or adress for donations. Help me out, please
2 Likes

heya!

thanks for considering darktable, for my part i feel honoured :slight_smile:

we don’t have any coherent infrastructure to accept donations, mostly because we don’t want to deal with taxes (we tried to found a german e.V. once but didn’t get all that far).

i’d say just keep developing awesome pictures with it… and if i may add, i really like your work a lot. supporting part of a toolchain that enables this is rewarding enough.

2 Likes

Oh - thanks (eyes to the ground, red cheeks and all)

You can always found Gnome/GTK so that they fix their s***.
Or maybe just send emails of insults to Nvidia and Wacom until they decide to bake acceptable drivers for Linux. I mean the Wacom driver is pretty much a joke compared to Win and Mac.

1 Like

I use a Wacom Intuos without problems in Gimp and darktable under xubuntu. What’s the beef?

Wacom touch features are a mess, with no proper palm rejection, and the drawing is laggy compared to Windows. Also my stylus is not detected by the driver, so I can’t configure the buttons (the tablet is a 5 years old Intuos Pen & Touch medium).

Sorry to dig out this old thread, but I haven’t found a way to make a one-time donation to the dt project. There’s nothing on darktable.org, I’m sure many users would like to support it. All I found is on liberapay for Aurelien which does not support a one-time donation.

It does support one-time donation. It’s just a pain to do it. You just need to set up a recurring donation, have it send the first one and then cancel it. Or you can set up so that when the next donation is due it reminds you instead of automatically making the payment.

You can use paypal, which is mentioned on his page.