DT 3.0.2 Base Curve automatic apply- solved

Hey developers of DT

In Dt 3 i could switch off by default the base curve in the settings and the curve wouldnt apply.
In the actual version 3.0.2 the base curve is automatically apllied on my raw images by default but in my settings i have the base curve switched off. A bug or why you do so ?

(ubuntu studio 19,10)

1 Like

I’m not seeing the described issue on my side.

First things that come to mind:

• Did you compile/build this version or did you use some other source,
  • Have you tried moving your darktablerc file out of the way to see if this might be related to that.
  • What happens when you discard the history of a (test) image and then open it.

I’m on Linux, Debian buster (10.3), a self build version and as mentioned before I do not see this behaviour.

hi Jade

thx for your reply. i try to post a screenshot.

my DT is preinstalled in ubu studio. add. it is updated by this ppa: ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/darktable.

i open one folder in the lighttable. DT import the folder and by clicking on one image he applies base curve and the sharpen module (i forgot to mention).

https://www.picpasteplus.com/v.php?i=ed7f6a62d8

a) Image does not exist :frowning:
b) Go to Settings/Core options. Uncheck basecurve and sharpen.

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

hi

please read my post. it is off… that is the problem.

What are the results of the other two things I pointed out?

1 Like

if i discard history he delete the sharpen and base curve

what do you mean by this * Have you tried moving your darktablerc file out of the way to see if this might be related to that.

Assuming that you also opened the image you tested this on in darkroom view and it is not re-applied: This tells me that the base curve and/or the sharpening are already present in the imported images. So, not an issue with 3.0.2

Although there’s no need to do it now any longer:

One of the first things to check when you have an issue with darktable is to start fresh (simulate a first start). You can do this by moving the darktablerc file to a different location.

This file can be found right here (I’m assuming Linux and a default installation):

~/.config/darktable

If you move this file to another location and start darktable it will be as if you started the first time. You can now check if the behaviour is still present and take actions accordingly.

1 Like

ahhhh

i understand what you mean and the DT xmp files work.

if i had open a folder i.e. in version 2.6 but dont retoch images, dt applies automatically the modules which were valid by default in version 2.6 and save this default settings in the xmp file.

if i reopen one of this unedited images in version 3.0.x he opens the old xmp file and applies also the old modules and til 2.6 the sharpen and base curve module were applied by default . . .

you are right it is not an issue in 3.0.2 but confusing because he applies the old modules but they are shown on the sreen as inactivated . . .

thanks for your hint with discarting history and your help