Dual monitor setup - Main screen keeps opening on the left

Hi,

I’m new to RawTherapee and I’m trying to use it on a dual monitor system. My main screen is the best and bigger one and I want to use it for editing. As is often the case for dual monitor setups, the secondary screen is smaller and only aimed at displaying tools. However, when activating the dual display mode, the main screen (browser) always opens on the main screen and the edition window on the secondary display. I have tried moving the main window to the secondary display and the editing window to the main screen but RT doesn’t store the window position and when re-opening, the browser window is back on the main screen and the editing window on the secondary monitor. In C1, there’s the same problem but at least, I can invert the window positions and C1 remembers them.

Moreover, when selecting the automatic loading of the display ICC profile, it’s always the main screen profile that is selected. Which is not consistent in dual mode since editing always takes place on the secondary window.

Maybe I missed something, in which case I’d appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Linux window managers let the user save a window’s size and position.

Thanks. I didn’t mention that I’m running Windows 10. Windows managers are available for Windows as well but I’m reluctant to run such a tool just to get RT working as I hoped.

I think @Morgan_Hardwood mean that this is a function of the window manager, not a function of RT. Programs that implement window manager hacks in order to achieve certain placement have gone above and beyond what they’re expected to do.

I tend to disagree. It’s just a few lines of code to remember the last placement, window size and fullscreen yes/no, same as restoring those settings when starting the application. I haven’t seen a window manager that could do that.

I meant only that if @Samoreen is on Linux then he can instantly get the results he wants by looking into it.

@houz KDE for example.

Sorry for any misinterpretation!

If you’re into some quick hacks, I’m sure autohotkey can places the windows whereever one might want them.

KDE can remember the size and location of a window and restore that? I know that I can set a fixed values, but not have them remembered from the last session.