Durgin techniques with rawtherapee?

I’m at best an advanced intermediate hobby photographer. But I do work at it.

I’ve been watching Harry Durgin’s good-as-it-gets tutorials on youtube. I am (or have been) an always Linux geeqie->RawTherapee->Gimp guy.

But I don’t see any obvious ways to make use of Harry Durgin’s Parametric Mask and Low Pass High Pass techniques with RawTherapee.

If I do want to make use of these very interesting and remarkably powerful Durgin techniques should I be digging deeper into the Rawtherapee documentation? Or should I be thinking about switching over to Darktable?

Do you have a few in particular?

Perhaps I should watch this a few more times and then work with RawTherapee a bit–before asking any more questions. But it isn’t immediately obvious to me how to any of this with Rawtherapee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1RRaXbnixQ&t=2120s

Have you tried the Local Lab builds of RT? That’s the best way to get masking. Otherwise the released version of RT doesn’t have parametric masking capability.

OK. I’m working with an AppImage Rawtherapee now but it is at least a few months old. I’m building a new hotrod Ryzen 7 gaming machine with 32 gig ram (I don’t do games, this is for video editing). I’ll be putting the latest and greatest everything on that box. Later today.

That’s a good answer. Thank you.

PS. I do see the “Luminosity Masking” tutorial here on pixls.us is Darktable specific.

If that isn’t sufficient, @patdavid has a good gimp luminosity masking tutorial on his website.