Dynamic Profiles not working (for me)

RT 5.9 (stable) on Windows 10

Up until quite recently I had successfully deployed a single dynamic profile for each of my cameras; but, an unexpected rush of enthusiasm compelled me to create a copy of that profile for each lens I own so that I could get the lens profile set dynamically. The only difference between these profiles is that I’ve now specified the appropriate Lens Profile in the Transform tab.

I’ve carefully matched the camera and lens names in the dynamic profile setup table against the values that appear in the Information popup in the editor, and also checked the Composite Lens ID of a raw file using exiftool. I’ve not spotted any differences to this point.

In the raw files I’ve tested this on the common profile values are loaded; but, the lens profile value remains unset (blank). All my dynamic profiles include both camera and lens values, so it seems the lens portion is not being read correctly by RT. Can anyone suggest why this might not be working? Thanks.

FWIW, my camera is the Olympus E-M1MarkII and my lenses are all older Zuiko Digital models. Here’s my RT build/version data:

Version: 5.9
Branch: 5.9
Commit: 9b8583988
Commit date: 2022-11-27
Compiler: cc 12.2.0
Processor: generic x86
System: Windows
Bit depth: 64 bits
Gtkmm: V3.24.7
Lensfun: V0.3.3.0
Build type: release
Build flags: -std=c++11 -ffp-contract=off -mtune=generic -Werror=unused-label -Werror=delete-incomplete -fno-math-errno -Wno-attributes -Wall -Wuninitialized -Wcast-qual -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-unused-result -Wunused-macros -fopenmp -Werror=unknown-pragmas -O3 -DNDEBUG -ftree-vectorize
Link flags: -mtune=generic
OpenMP support: ON
MMAP support: ON
Build OS: MINGW64_NT-10.0-20348 3.3.6-341.x86_64 x86_64
Build date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 18:38:56 +0000 UTC
Build epoch: 1669574336
Build UUID: 9d19d210-c668-4aa2-8af6-2d527fd55d1c

Usually when this happens I find that there is some mismatch with camera or lens names. Even when I though I had made sure. Another option is that you unselected “dynamic” from the “default processing profile” in the Image processing tab of the preferences. Or that you have accidentally set conditions in the dynamic profile settings that wont match the images you’re looking at.

Make sure you use exactly the same matching text as stated in the info box overlay of RT developer tab. RT doesn’t use exiftool so may show slight differences that are hard to spot.

1 Like

I knew it would be obvious to someone :slight_smile: Thanks, nosle, for reminding me about the image processing tab. Can’t believe I missed that. Doh.

1 Like