Entering focal length and aperture in lens correction for vignetting correction without EXIF data

Hello together,

today I ran into the problem that I have RAWs which EXIF data cannot be read by RawTherapee but the camera and lens is in lensfun (correct: I’ve copied the data from the files in the git-repo and pasted them into my local files). If I choose them manually in RawTherapee the distortion correction is correctly applied but vignetting correction is not, which I suppose is because of missing focal length and aperture since there are entries for different combinations in lensfun and thus RawTherapee doesn’t know which correction should be applied. I’ve also applied a lcp-file from Adobe with corresponding sensor size and the same lens but this was worse than without.

What do you think about adding two cells for entering those values? I think this would be helpful for lenses without a chip to communicate with the camera and as a workaround for new RAW-formats which are currently not supported.

Have a nice week,

Max-Set

There is a command, lensfun-update-db that will download and install the latest lens profiles. You don’t need to manually install profiles from lensfun. If you’re running the appimage or distro package of rt, it should pick up those new profiles.

Is this a zoom lens?

Mica,

From where is this command run? Can you be a little more specific.

Thanks!

In the Linux Terminal, it needs to be run as root, so sudo lensfun-update-db.

The correct command is lensfun-update-data no?

Hi @Max-Set, is your file by any chance a CR3 file? Metadata support is not yet available, but most likely will be in a recent future. Adding fields to manually input focal length etc. is not something worthwhile to develop imo.

Perhaps that is correct. I always tab complete. :wink: