Error while adding G'MIC to GIMP 2.10 installed via Flatpak

I am trying to add G’MIC to GIMP 2.10 that I have installed through Flatpak. After moving the plug-in file to the required folder and running GIMP, I get the following error message:

error while loading shared libraries: libfftw3_threads.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

libfftw3_threads.so.3 exists in my /usr/lib but maybe GIMP can’t find it because of Flatpak sandboxing? I don’t have any prior experience with Flatpak and I don’t know what to do about it. Any pointers are appreciated. Thank you.

It may be related to: Grain on G'MIC on Mac - #8 by KaRo.

I would not be surprised if it was the sandboxing, but cannot tell with just the error you’ve posted.

I would wait for the updated G’mic designed to work with the Gimp 2.10 API to come out.

I have the same problem, using gimp 2.10.6 and the most recent download of gmic (downloaded today 2018-08-21). Running on linux Mint KDE 18, aka
OS Version: Linux 4.10.0-38-generic #42~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 10 16:32:20 UTC 2017 x86_64

I have tried everything I could find concerning sandbox, but without any success.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

[Added] Btw, I do have the lib installed.
libfftw3_threads.so.3 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfftw3_threads.so.3

This has been covered before. QT support for Gimp in the flatpak is not straightforward.

Best I managed is last of the GTK gmic_gimp_gtk versions + a load of lib files, slipped into the org.gnome runtime.

Thanks but I’ve been hunting and not found anything. So I tried posting here.