EXIF doesn't always initially display in file browser

ART 1.16.2 on Windows 11

This appears to be cosmetic only. When I opened an image folder not all the raw files showed EXIF under the thumbnails:

None of the files had been opened in ART and there were no ARP files, etc. There was one PP3 and a couple XMPs. I temporarily moved them out and refreshed but no change. However, after I opened a couple of them in the editor, returned to the file browser, went to another folder and then back again, the two I opened displayed EXIF:

Something not getting initialized / updated correctly? EXIF is present in the editor. As far as I know there’s no difference between the files, all were shot at the same time.

While I’m thinking about it (and probably need a separate topic), but a feature request: The ability to select and display a folder in the browser with only a single click. I.e., just display the folder when it’s selected in the tree, don’t require a double-click. If there’s a reason for the double-click, maybe offer it as a preference.

Thanks!

Hi,
it might be a caching issue. Can you share one of the raws?
Thanks!

Here you go…
IMG_4904.CR3 (24.9 MB)

Thanks.

Hi, and sorry for the delay.
I’ve investigated and I found out that by mistake I built exiv2 without CR3 support on windows. ART autmatically falls back to exiftool in case exiv2 fails, and this works by running exiftool as an external process. On windows I’ve seen some occasional glitches in doing this, and I suspect this is what is happening to you. I will rebuild exiv2 with CR3 support, so that the next version of ART will use that. In the meantime, you can try using one of @gaaned92’s builds insted of the “official” one and see if that helps.

1 Like

Anything wrong w/ the binary MSYS2 repo package?

I don’t know, probably not. I’ve been building it myself since the cr3 support was still in beta and not available in prebuilt binaries, and I continued to do that just because of laziness…

Excellent. Functionally it’s just a minor temporary inconvenience so I’ll probably just wait for the update.

Thanks.