[feature idea] Color picker values to rgb curves

I have been playing with skin tones lately altering them using rgb curves. Doing that I noticed that it would be great if I could just transfer the values of a certain spot to the r, g and b curve creating the according points on each curve and activating all curves in custom mode (or the other).
Right now I need to ctrl+click three times after activating am the curves.

That is @Hombre’s territory.

It’s really hardly doable. The first challenge is to add a point or detect an existing one in all curves at once, the second challenge is to move them all at once, because once the point has been added, you’re dragging it.

The other way round would be to display and edit the 3 curves at once, but then adding a point to only one curve would require to select it first. Yet, the editing mechanism is tailored to edit only one curve at once.

The last solution that comes to mind is the copy/paste method. It should be possible to memorize all 3 values when you CTRL+click on the image to add a point, then switch to the other curve and Paste the value of that channel with a dedicated button. The new point will stay e.g. blue until you edit it or switch to another curve. Same if the point already exists.

hello
for me it would be a dream
if I could choose a skin color
and then the color per equalizer
how darktable in another
skin color
could move

@Mario_Bolz you can.
http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Lab_Adjustments#Curves
http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Vibrance#Skin_Tones_-_Hue_According_to_Hue

Yes, the possibility is there
I meant
a selection
the skin colour
with pimpette

That reads like a poem. Well done. I wish there was more poetry like this in the posts here…

2 Likes

You can select a skin color with the pipette.

there is a tutorial

See the tooltip at 00:10, you need to ctrl+click over the preview to place a node on the curve.

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply,

I was thinking along the lines of:

1. setting a lockable color picker somewhere. The RGB values (or the HSV values or the Lab values) are shown and are thus available.
  2. Copy these values into the according curve. This could be done by an extra key compination (what about ctrl+click while in _lockable color picker mode on an existin picker spot?)

I would not care about dragging that point around. First select it and then transfer the values.

Thank you very much
Just what I was looking for
and sorry for my bad english

1 Like