Fight with artificial lights

Another picture today.

I think that you can enjoy playing with it due to the different artificial light sources, the contrast is high too.

Let’s see what you are able to do with this. :wink:

_AAA5440.NEF (26.4 MB)
_AAA5440.NEF.xmp (13.5 KB)

This file is licensed Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0).

7 Likes

artificial.lights.pp3 (15.9 KB) Quick edit using RawTherapee 5.8 Development

Not sure about the lights on the square. Are they orange/yellow (as I think they are) or are they leaning towards white.

Nice shot, too bad you decapitated one of the towers :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The lights of the square are orange/yellow.
And the tower… Sometimes you need to sacrifice something :rofl::rofl:. I wanted to “put” someone in the opposite point. And the lens is not too wide.

Another wonderful challenge. I attempted to see what information I could bring out from the image.

1 Like

_AAA5440.NEF.xmp (19.2 KB)

3 Likes

Thank you for the play:

RT, GIMP and G’MIC:

3 Likes

Thanks for posting,
darktable 3.6

_AAA5440_02.NEF.xmp (16.6 KB)

3 Likes

Gimp 2.10.24

4 Likes

Nice one to play with, this one done in Art. Paramask on the lights of the church, among others.

_AAA5440-4

_AAA5440-4.jpg.out.arp (12.5 KB)

1 Like

Btw, I noticed more than once that a photo developed in Art looks different when seen in a browser (Firefox here). The following screenshot shows the photo in this forum above (left), on the right is how it looks in Art. The shadows are more detailed in the last one and the wall on the left has a different color. Anyone knows how to see the same image?

GIMP Lab

A BW version.
dt 3.7
_AAA5440_06.NEF.xmp (81.5 KB)

Filmulator

• Auto CA correction 2
  • Highlight Recovery 2
  • Exposure Comp -5/6
  • NR on (various preliminary settings)
  • Shadow Rolloff Point 0.000140
  • Drama 97.5
  • White Clipping Point 0.4717