#Freenode split

My own conclusion: freenode admins are totally incompetent in law (overwise they wouldn’t find themselves in this situation), their claims for “hostile takeover” are emotional and unfounded. And more generally: people are vulnerable to mass hysteria these days and make strange decisions. Anyway, if dt guys decide to follow and change platform, my vote is for IRC. As far as I understand admins of Libera.Chat promised Matrix integration soon.

It is good to voice one’s opinions; otherwise, we are in an echo chamber. I have no knowledge about this specific topic: I just have numerous experiences with organizational meltdowns, sadly.

afre, do please understand me correctly, I asked for proves of those claims by former freenode admins and saw nothing but emotional unfounded claims like that twitter link with stylized old German flag. Is it linked somehow to new freenode owner? No. Do I feel uncomfortable using service owned by “Korean prince” or, wait…, is it a true reason why everybody runs?

:rofl:

his race has nothing to do with it and you implying that we are racist is kinda interesting.

@darix did I say anything about race? I was implying that having self-proclaimed Korean prince accused of “hostile takeover” makes impressionable people think that something is not right with new owner.

Where did he imply this?

heckflosse, this is what I call emotional and unfounded claim )))

That’s the reason, I closed this issue…