Fun with lenses

@blj And now with an enlarger lens in reverse, plus extension tube and focusing helix. Very tricky to nail focus (note: no focus stacking used, so far). Very tricky to set lights.

These are the same antennae as in photo three posts up.

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

3 Likes

@Claes Amazing how a simple flip of a lens can really bring you in much closer. Optics are fascinating. I really like this abstract look if you did not know any better from previous images you would swear they are little mushrooms. :smile:

Hello, this one was taken with a Mamiya-Sekor 2.8/80 coupled to my Nikon D7000 via an adapter. It’s a manual lens, the standard one of my M645J.
Edit. Plus extension ring #1.

10 Likes

@paulmatth Enjoying the composition. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks @afre. I don’t do a lot of this close-up photography, but if and when, I’m always surprised by the hidden beauty of nature. Hidden, because we don’t take the time to look…

Ha! Managed to nail him (or her), at last. The tiny web weaver is alive and well on a sloe twig in our dining room.

X-T3 + 50mm Industar, lit by a tiny LED cube.

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

2 Likes

X-T3 + XF35mm/1.4 plus the LED cube.

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

3 Likes

Thanks for posting this.
I loved the shot and the look this lens provides.
Something I wanted in my images that the Mamiya lenses apparently provide, as such I have 2 now and more coming.
below is Mamiya Sekor 80mm/2.8 with 14mm extention tube on an Olympus OM-D EM-5
rather quick shot of a fast moving stink bug so not ideal framing and more surprised I got anything useful.

Apple blossom time!

X-T3 + OM Zuiko 50mm/3.5 (close focus variety) plus diffused LED cube

3 Likes

No part remains unexposed with Claes. :honeybee:

Hello, yes those Mamiya-Sekors do have something special. Today I was playing around with the Mamiya 4.0/150 on my Nikon (APS-C), so that translates to 225mm. It’s not that easy to make sharp shots in the garden (partly due to a bit of wind as well). Here’s another one with a rather dreamy look.

4 Likes

Sometimes, even a simple shot can turn out nicely in the digital darkroom:

X-T3 + Hexanon AR 28mm/3.5

2 Likes

Interesting… Isolation must be getting to me, I’m seeing spectra everywhere… :smile:

This is from August of 2015. It’s called an “Orchard Orbweaver.” The lens is a Nikkor 55mm f3.5 Micro. Taken using a D5200. He built his web between a shrub and the railing of my front porch steps. I used the railing to help steady the shot but that also prevented me from getting any closer.

6 Likes

@sls141 love the line the in-focus web creates, super nice!

Please meet a new model of mine: Miss Chestnut Flower.

X-T3 + Industar-61L/Z 50mm/2.8, lit by small LED cube.

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

5 Likes

@Claes would a circular polarizer help cut some of that glare? Otherwise, I like it!

@paperdigits Hm… perhaps. But in this particular case I believe that the glare comes from too excessive sharpening in combination with my adding too much contrast &c. Also, I could have used a more efficient diffusor for the little LED cube.

1 Like

Damn it! You have awaken my interest in old lenses and further fueled my G.A.S. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome). :wink:

This weekend I got a Helios 81-N, and had lots of fun playing with its swirly bokeh.

2 Likes

But baby, it’s wet outside…

Spanish bluebells (Hyacinthoides hispanica) in a Swedish garden.

X-T3 + Hexanon AR 135mm/3.5, lit by a small LED cube.

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

2 Likes