German book recomendation about color grading

@anon41087856 recommends following books regarding the topic of color grading:

— Book 1 : Color Correction Handbook: Professional Techniques for Video and Cinema, Edition 2. Alexis van Hurkman
— Book 2 : Color Correction Look Book: Creative Grading Techniques for Film and Video, Alexis van Hurkman.

Is there anyone around here, who has read them and knows if there is a comparable (in quality) book in German language?

Thanks for any hint!
Simon

1 Like

that’s a good question

I don’t know about a similar book in the German language, I’ve read both of them a long time ago when I learning about grading in (video) colour grading software, basically, the 1st book is more toward the technical side of colour correction, and the 2nd one is more about basic-intermediate technique in creative colour grading.

If you want to dive deep into that topic (video), the 1st book contains a lot of valuable information. But, if you want a more practical application (2nd book), especially to adapt it in photo editing, I think there’s a lot of information on the internet too (yes, I know it’s a jungle of information out there). I guess there’s a lot of similar book about that topic too (I’ve read some other book as well, although they’re in English too). English is not my native language but I feel like the explanation is quite easy to understand (that book contain a lot of images), and it’s hard to find a good book about this topic in my language too.

1 Like