Gimp 2.10 plugins

That’s exactly what happens, BuckSkin. Just wish someone would make a better PS plugin executor for GIMP; PSPI works for some PS plugins (PSPI is a GIMP plugin that allows you to run PS plugins) but more than many won’t run in GIMP. For the plugins that do, it’s a blessing. Still, Shellout fills in that gap for those that don’t but not all PS plugins run in XNView, but that has to be a quest that you take up to find out for yourself. Shellout can run other programs besides XNView too I might add. I directly run NIK filters via Shellout for instance as well. Some programs don’t export friendly to GIMP either so I sometimes just save a file to my desktop and then quit the launched program and then import into GIMP for those programs; at least I was able to port the layer into the program via Shellout. Anyway, as you play with GIMP you find more ways to skin a rat if your will to get the job done. Wish you well on your own quest. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the good explanation; it saves me from asking one of my next questions = can PS plug-ins be used in GIMP – this answered that.
I have probably thirty photo editing programs and I am often jumping in and out of various programs when one does something better or has a feature I need.

You still need to download and install PSPI; it’s not part of GIMP itself. Tor originated it and still hosts it. :slight_smile:

http://the-tml.net/gimp/pspi.html

1 Like

Thanks; that is good to know.
I have had the NIK Collection since way back when it was free and use it almost daily; I had forgotten that it could run as stand-alone.
Thanks for the PSPI link as well.

I posted at the link below how to get the NIK collection to run via Shellout, BuckSkin. Some of the presets don’t transfer to GIMP though; you have to save result to a location and close (bummer) but still GIMP will at least pass the file to the NIK preset. :slight_smile:

For GIMP users, here's how to get the NIK plugins to work in the GIMP.: Retouching Forum: Digital Photography Review

2 Likes

Thanks !

I am running OS X. I’ve downloaded 2.10.8 and McGimp and have been throwing old 2.8 synthesize.py files into the new plugin directory. And all kinds of weird hail-mary’s

I started clean twice. I can’t get the Filter> Enhance>Heal working.
I set parameters click ok and get:

Calling Error for procedure ‘gimp-porocedural-db-proc-info’:
Procedure ‘plug-in-resynthesizer’ not found.

Can anyone suggest a download site and install instructions. So I can use this or shed some light on this.

Thanks.

The resynthesizer is actually a couple of Python plug-ins and a binary (called resynthesizer in its Linux form). So you need a binary that runs with Gimp 2.10 (so possibly recompiled for it) on your platform.

For your information, I am setting up a repository for pre-compiled GIMP plugins for MacOS. This is the link: gimp-plugins-collection/ at master · aferrero2707/gimp-plugins-collection · GitHub

I will try to add the resynthesizer soon after the Christmas break.

I have a skeleton Resynthetizer plug-in under development, but is it still not functional.
Once ready, the binary package for MacOS will be available here: Release Continuous build · aferrero2707/gimp-plugins-collection · GitHub

1 Like

Thanks Carmelo. That sounds like what I’m looking for. When downloaded, do I just drop it in the plugins directory and start Gimp. Or is their some terminal command lines I need to type?

I have put the instructions in the release page.

Notice that for selection healing/inpainting you can also use the already available GMIC plugin.

There is also liquid rescale if you are interested in content-aware resizing…

The Resynthetizer plugin for MacOS is ready for download. Please visit Release Continuous build · aferrero2707/gimp-plugins-collection · GitHub and follow the instructions at the bottom of the packages list.

Could you let me know if it works properly in your case?

I seem to be having trouble with everything.

-The GMIC healing inpainting leaves the mask untouched, but no errors.

-After installing your resynth and liquid. And confirming the terminal commands were executed properly and the files when to the correct folder, I now have 2 entries called Filters/Enhance/Heal Selection.

–The first is python_fu_heal_selection it calls a Python with version 2.7 (Not Python3)

It throws an error procedure not found as before
Calling Error for procedure ‘gimp-porocedural-db-proc-info’:
Procedure ‘plug-in-resynthesizer’ not found.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/McGimp-2.10.8.app/Contents/Resources/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py”, line 740, in response
dialog.res = run_script(params)
File “/Applications/McGimp-2.10.8.app/Contents/Resources/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py”, line 361, in run_script
return apply(function, params)
File “/Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/plugin-heal-selection.py”, line 148, in heal_selection
pdb.plug_in_resynthesizer(timg, tdrawable, 0,0, useBorder, work_drawable.ID, -1, -1, 0.0, 0.117, 16, 500)
error: procedure not found

–The second is Script_Fu: Heal Selection

It gives off this message:
Error while executing script-fu-smart-remove:

Error: eval: unbound variable: plug-in-resynthesizer

I searched but couldn’t find a filter named Liquid Rescale or similar. So I’m not sure if Gimp is even loading these new plugins.

That’s about where I am. Any suggestions?

@Bob_The_Water_Cat to dig further into your problem, I would need the full terminal output of GIMP.

Could you please run this command:

/Applications/GIMP-2.10.app/Contents/MacOS/gimp >& gimp-log.txt

and post the log file? You might need to replace /Applications/GIMP-2.10.app with the actual path to the GIMP bundle on your system.

It would also be useful to have the output of

ls -lhrt "$HOME/Library/Application Support/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins"

Thanks!

For this command line
Mac-mini:plug-ins XXX$ /Applications/McGimp-2.10.8.app/Contents/MacOS/gimp >& gimp-log.txt

When executed opens Gimp and then seems to hang. It is generating a huge file. I hit ctrlC. The below gimp-log.txt in the plugins Dir is over 500 pages before I killed it. Here is a sample:

This reoccurs frequently
This likely means that your installation is broken.

Try running the command

gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders > /Applications/McGimp-2.10.8.app/Contents/MacOS/…/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache

to make things work again for the time being.

(gimp:23515): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 07:37:39.632: g_loadable_icon_load: assertion ‘G_IS_LOADABLE_ICON (icon)’ failed

(gimp:23515): Gtk-WARNING **: 07:37:39.632: Error loading theme icon ‘image-missing’ for stock: Failed to load icon

(gimp:23515): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 07:37:39.632: render_fallback_image: assertion ‘pixbuf != NULL’ failed

(gimp:23515): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 07:37:39.632: g_object_ref: assertion ‘G_IS_OBJECT (object)’ failed

(gimp:23515): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 07:37:39.632: g_object_unref: assertion ‘G_IS_OBJECT (object)’ failed

(gimp:23515): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: 07:37:39.633: Cannot open pixbuf loader module file ‘/Applications/McGimp-2.10.8.app/Contents/MacOS/…/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache’: No such file or directory

This likely means that your installation is broken.

Try running the command

gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders > /Applications/McGimp-2.10.8.app/Contents/MacOS/…/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache

to make things work again for the time being.

Plus this bit is common. Most of the 500 plus pages is made up of these

dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libgimpui-2.0.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/resynthesizer_gui
Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:
/usr/local/lib/libgimpui-2.0.0.dylib: stat() failed with errno=13
/Applications/McGimp-2.10.8.app/Contents/MacOS/gimp: LibGimpBase-WARNING: gimp: gimp_wire_read(): error
Referenced from: /Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/resynthesizer
/Applications/McGimp-2.10.8.app/Contents/MacOS/gimp: LibGimpBase-WARNING: gimp: gimp_wire_read(): error
dyld: Library not loaded: /Users/travis/build/aferrero2707/gimp-plugins-collection/inst/lib/libgimpui-2.0.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/plug_in_lqr_iter-orig
Referenced from: /Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/plug_in_lqr_iter
dyld: Library not loaded: /Users/travis/build/aferrero2707/gimp-plugins-collection/inst/lib/libgimpui-2.0.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/gimp-lqr-plugin-orig
Referenced from: /Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/gimp-lqr-plugin

(

I have no idea who travis is.

The plugins ls is:

^CMac-mini:plug-ins XXX$ ls -lhrt “$HOME/Library/Application Support/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins”
total 4040

-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 XXX staff 152K Nov 16 12:27 gimp-lqr-plugin-orig
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 XXX staff 13K Nov 16 12:27 plug_in_lqr_iter-orig
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 XXX staff 102B Nov 16 12:28 LiquidRescale
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 XXX staff 152K Nov 16 12:33 gimp-lqr-plugin
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 XXX staff 13K Nov 16 12:36 plug_in_lqr_iter
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 XXX staff 5.9K Dec 26 12:46 plugin-uncrop.py
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 XXX staff 3.2K Dec 26 12:46 plugin-resynth-sharpen.py
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 XXX staff 3.5K Dec 26 12:46 plugin-resynth-fill-pattern.py
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 XXX staff 3.2K Dec 26 12:46 plugin-resynth-enlarge.py
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 XXX staff 7.5K Dec 26 12:46 plugin-render-texture.py
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 XXX staff 17K Dec 26 12:46 plugin-map-style.py
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 XXX staff 3.1K Dec 26 12:46 plugin-heal-transparency.py
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 XXX staff 6.5K Dec 26 12:46 plugin-heal-selection.py
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 XXX staff 102B Dec 26 12:47 ResynthesizerPlugin
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 XXX staff 38K Dec 26 12:51 resynthesizer
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 XXX staff 27K Dec 26 12:54 resynthesizer_gui
-rw-r–r-- 1 XXX staff 1.0M Dec 28 07:38 gimp-log.txt
-rw-r–r-- 1 XXX staff 546K Dec 28 07:44 gigimp-debug-tool-2.0
Mac-mini:plug-ins XXX$

I will try another fresh install today.

This explains all. Unfortunately my OSX plugins are only compatible with the official GIMP .dmg, not the one provided by Partha… this is due to some library incompatibilities that I have not been able to solve.

Carmelo,

Thanks for sticking with me. I have done another fresh install. My third. I don’t know what went wrong on the first one but I was using just GIMP. The second install was with McGimp.

The third clean install was back to GIMP. And things are working again. Thank you.

One final question. On what menu do I find the liquid rescale?

Thanks for the help.

Generally in GIMP 2.10.x you can press the / key and start typing the name of thing you want. The box that appeared will search all the things in GIMP and return you the result.

1. Press the / key.
  2. Type liquid or rescale.
  3. Select the menu item you desire
  4. ???
  5. PROFIT!!

Great!!! I am really happy to hear it works…

Liquid rescale should be available in the “layers” menu.