GIMP AppImage (continuous integration)

As “all images”: shows and loads a thumb
As “raw image”: same thing
As “Raw (.data): no x.nef visible
As "Raw (
.data)”, my x.nef renamed “x.data”: see screenshot

(file-raw-data:11343): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme directory base/ of theme oxygen has no size field

gimp_display_shell_profile_update
src_profile: GIMP built-in sRGB
src_format: R’G’B’A u8
dest_format: R’G’B’A u8

terminal when opening x.nef as “raw image”:

> magic match 4 on file-tiff-load
> magic match 4 on file-pf-load
> best magic match on file-tiff-load
> bps: 8
> load_contiguous
> bytes_per_pixel: 3, format: 3
> gimp_display_shell_profile_update
> src_profile: Compatible with Adobe RGB (1998)
> src_format:  R'G'B'A u8
> dest_format: R'G'B'A u8
> XXXXXX gimp_image_create_color_transforms XXXXXX

Thanks, I’ll see if I can reproduce the same and then eventually file a bug to gimp

By the way, I guess that renaming the nef file is not really an option…

I guess too…

A better new: gutenprint plugin simply copied from gimp 2.8 shows this message, but works!

I think I should include gutenprint in the list of bundled plugins… thanks for reminding me about it!

Indeed, the tiff and raw formats get the same “score”, but somehow on my system RAW takes precedence in this case while on yours it is TIFF that is loaded.

In any case, the solution is to adopt the better file ,watching code used for the darktable plug-in… it will take a couple of days until it is ready.

I have improved the RAW file matching logic of the plug-in, now GIMP should hopefully always use photoflow for opening RAW files.

Could you test this version of the appimage, and let me know if it works correctly for you? Thanks!

The link: https://framadrop.org/r/57e24zUpgc#rkUDuU2zC4KwGYmawBuBw7qty6/6K51MOwyDRRvETWQ=

Thanks!

It works!! thanks!
(opens Photoflow with a strange theme, drawing icons with white on very bright grey background)

Le samedi 10 septembre 2016 19:17:08 CEST, vous avez écrit :

1 Like

For the moment the plug-in works best with dark grey GIMP themes… something to be improved for the future.

Thanks for checking!

I’m still getting errors on my Debian Jessie system, here is the log if you’re interested.

Hi Mica,

yesterday I have tried to run the appimage on a Live Debian Jessie LXDE distribution (which is the most “basic” version I could find) and all was running fine.

I am really puzzled by the fact that .png files are not recognized/loaded correctly… later I will try to provide you another experimental version which ships the gdk_pixbuf library inside the bundle, maybe it will allow to make some progress…

Thanks!

I have packaged a version with bundled gdk_pixbuf libraries: https://framadrop.org/r/JP6Eub5nVK#bONeoebSc53+yHtvxMLEKkBOag12VF2TBtbG0UcfgWM=

Could you check if that solves your issue?

Thanks!

Indeed I shall when I get home tonight. Thanks for your help, I’d really like to run this on my color managed workstation with nice monitors.

For now I run it on a Mint installation and just don’t make color sensitive edits :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Mica, did you have any chance to test the latest appimage on your Debian system?

I would like to prepare a new one with in addition the Gutenprint plug-in and the latest LCMS2 version bundled in, but first I would like to check if the pixbuf issues are fixed…

Thanks!

I have not; I will try for tonight.

1 Like

Still does not work. Output is here.

Do you have gdk-pixbuf installed on your system? Could you check if there is a

loaders.cache

file somewhere under /usr?

Thanks!

Indeed I do: ./lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache