gimp plugin 2.4.1 ftbfs - PT: no such file or directory.

I’ve just been trying to build the gimp plugin (only) from 2.4.1, but got a strange error, presumably related to '-fopenmp PT ’ this command:

Blockquote/opt/qt5/bin/uic ui/languageselectionwidget.ui -o .ui/ui_languageselectionwidget.h
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -fopenmp PT -fno-fast-math -s -std=gnu++11 -pthread -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Dcimg_use_cpp11=1 -Dcimg_use_fftw3 -Dcimg_use_zlib -Dgmic_build -Dcimg_use_abort -Dgmic_is_parallel -Dcimg_use_curl -Dcimg_use_png -Dcimg_use_rng -Dcimg_appname="gmic" -Dgmic_prerelease="181125" -Dcimg_display=1 -D_IS_LINUX_ -DGMIC_HOST=gimp -DGIMP_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -Dcimg_use_openmp -Dgmic_gui -Dgmic_build -Dgmic_is_parallel -Dcimg_use_abort -Dcimg_use_vt100 -DQT_NO_DEBUG_OUTPUT -D_IS_UNIX_ -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I. -I. -Isrc -I…/src -isystem /usr/include/libpng16 -isystem /usr/include/gimp-2.0 -isystem /usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -isystem /usr/include/cairo -isystem /usr/include/pixman-1 -isystem /usr/include/freetype2 -isystem /usr/include/harfbuzz -isystem /usr/include/gegl-0.4 -isystem /usr/include/json-glib-1.0 -isystem /usr/include/gio-unix-2.0 -isystem /usr/include/libmount -isystem /usr/include/blkid -isystem /usr/include/uuid -isystem /usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -isystem /usr/include/babl-0.1 -I/opt/qt5/include -I/opt/qt5/include/QtWidgets -I/opt/qt5/include/QtGui -I/opt/qt5/include/QtNetwork -I/opt/qt5/include/QtCore -I.moc -isystem /usr/include/libdrm -I.ui -I/opt/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o .obj/host_gimp.o src/Host/Gimp/host_gimp.cpp
g++: error: PT: No such file or directory
make: *** [Makefile:5697: .obj/host_gimp.o] Error 1

I’m going to revert to 2.3.3 so that I can find out if later packages have been broken by current poppler (seems likely, does it not ?), but any clues what is triggering this, please ?

System is current (as of thursday) linuxfromscratch/beyond-linuxfromscratch on x86_64, so generally latest stable releases, generally built with -O3 -march=native on this ryzen, although clearly g’mic is not picking up my CLFLAGS/CXXFLAGS.

Damned forum software :wink: sed ‘s/Blockquote//’

And there should be a newline before ‘g++’, the uic command was just for context.

/me swears. Same problem with 2.3.3 although that built ok a month ago.

That is really strange.
Did you use qmake or cmake to build the plug-in ?

qmake. Specifically (the sed was from Arch)

sed -i -e 's|-Ofast|OPT -fno-fast-math|g' gmic-qt/gmic_qt.pro cd gmic-qt make {MAKEFLAGS}

Looking at a build from September has -O2 -fopenmp -O2 -fno-fast-match.
DOH!. That sed used to work, but obviously by luck. The PT was from $OPT.

Using double quotes it is now building, with -O2 -fopenmp -O3 -fno-fast-math.

Sorry for the idiocy, I’ll put on the dunce’s hat and stand in the corner.