Git-master: Copy history stack, lighttable

Hey,

I often use copy and paste of parts of my history to another pic in lighttable.

Up to 2.6 those where in the order of my history, buttom up. But in 2.7 the order seems unsorted (or I didn’t realize the sequence).

Any good reason, or I can change it back to former behavior?

Cheers
Axel

The order of the history does not change the order in the pixelpipe. That’s only a display issue.

Dear Pascal,

I caused a misunderstanding, sorry…

It confuses me, when I click “copy” and the sequence is not the same than history (esp. I deselect the first three: rotation, sharpen, basecurve) and have to dig for those I need to unselect/alter…

Cheers
Axel

The order you see in the history stack has literally nothing to do with the order those changes are later applied to your image. So while this might be bad for our OCD that the order changed. for the processing it totally does not matter.

Dear darix,

what you say makes totally sense and is literally the same, what Pascal said.

I am afraid, my English has far from good enough to explain, what I mean, or my communication skills at all… I try again… :slight_smile:

• in dt. 2.6.x and also the former official versions, the copy of history stack in lighttable had the order of the history stack I see in darkroom

• in the current dt git-master (2.7.0+796~g8a5ce514f) the order is different in that pop-up window

• I know has nothing to do with the actual sequential working order of those modules, when it comes to pixel-pipe

• However, inside that copy-window in lighttable it is challenging to disable basecurve, sharpen and rotation as you have to dig them out of the list somewhere, where they previously where at the beginning (means bottom) of the list.

• That is my point: handling of that “which elements to copy in lighttable from one pic to another” is less convenient now

Thanks guys for your patience :blush:

Cheers
Axel

See this was a much much better bug report … nothing in your initial report would have hinted me to that dialog window

Now the best place to issue a bug report is on our GitHub.

1 Like

Sorry, that my initial message was that misleading. Better don’t ask, what is my job :blush:

My only excuse is, I was driven my efficiency optimizations and tried to keep my message short (hence too many assumptions/preconditioned know-how of my issue inside)…
Just kidding, it’s my bad

Besides: I didn’t dare to consider this might be a bug, as I expected that part of code remained unchanged…
Back from office I will look into the bug-reporting (I thought redmine…)

done

I hope I did that right :blush:

Cheers
Axel