G'MIC documentation and google

When I search for some G’MIC documentation on google, I am almost always pointed to the sourceforge wiki pages, and it seems their google rank is still at par or higher than the new page’s rank. This is unfortunate, since a lot of the information there is obsolete. However, these old pages may still give the one or other hint that is not available elsewhere. Is there a possibility to rank them down without removing the old pages entirely? SEO experts: any suggestions?

Hello, perhaps this is browser or cache related. When I search on Google for some gmic topic, the links to Sourceforge are quite rare. I suggest to search for gmic info on gmic.eu, then the Documentation entry.

This was a problem we had when migrating the gimp-win project off sf. They didn’t allow the proper answer to this problem, namely allowing the project owner to include a 301 permanent redirect, which would have fixed these types of problems.

The best thing to do is to make sure to update any/all links possible to the new site (reach out to site owners if needed) and to update the wiki to redirect folks at least.

Not sure if the new owners allow a 301 for moved projects…