G'MIC Documentation for Natron

@David_Tschumperle , I’m about to write the documentation of G’MIC for Natron. Would you agree that I use the thumbnails of the effects lis and maybe some text from G’MIC website for this. Any suggestion is welcome.
And if you have a preferred way for me to redirect to G’MIC for in depth help, don’t hesitate either to tell.

1 Like

Writing G’MIC documentation is one of my addictions obsessions pastimes. Perhaps I can help.

Everything at gmic.eu is covered under CeCILL ( CeCILL in French ). So long as you attribute where you got it, and all that, then have at it.

Consider forking gmic and gmic-community from github. gmic Fork Instructions Here. Forking gmic-community is similar; its endpoint is GitHub - GreycLab/gmic-community: Community contributions to the G'MIC software (this is what you clone from)

1. The core of the Technical Reference is embedded in gmic/src/gmic_stdlib.gmic. and can be output to your terminal through executing gmic reference ascii (or “html” or “man”). Reference write-ups for individual commands exist in \#@cli : blocks adjacent to the command’s implementation in that file. Read the header of gmic_stdlib.gmic for \#@cli : block notation conventions. The text for gmic -help <some command> derive from those \#@cli : blocks.
  2. gmic-community/reference contains additional Technical Reference pages written in G’MIC Markdown
  3. gmic-community/tutorial contains the newer or re-written scripting tutorials, also in G’MIC Markdown
  4. Older tutorials, sadly, live only in HTML on the gmic.eu server. These reference an old version of G’MIC and may not be entirely accurate, and the examples may not work with 2.x.x G’MIC versions. We are replacing these as fast as time permits.

Except for the older tutorials, you need not scrape web pages; you can get at the sources. The core concepts may be found in the Technical Reference Frontmatter, Usage through Adding Custom Commands. Kinder, gentler introductions that are not as complete can be found at Basics, Images and Command Decorations.

1 Like

Thank you