Google Clips - a camera with machine learning

Google is at it again: with Google Clips this time. I am neutral when it comes to the company’s endeavors but people seem to enjoy reading about this kind of stuff. Thoughts?

They say “100% private” in one of their marketing bullets, I thought that was funny.

1 Like

This gadget mounted a small drone that flies around “people and pets that matter to you” would be perfect :wink: . Shots from all angles!

I immediatly had to think of Dave Eggers’ “The Circle”.

@paperdigits @joeheb They changed their motto.

Google: Don’t be evil.
Alphabet: Do the right thing.
Everyone: What’s right for you!

@Thomas_Do “People and pets that matter to you”: That is the part I am unsure about. We won’t know until the product is in the mainstream. Do we train it to know who or what not to ignore? Or does this happen automatically? If the latter is the case, then there is a chance that it would totally ignore our friends, and trigger debates over racism or any of the other -isms. Also, I wouldn’t want a drone up close. Unless your dog wants to be shaved or stung :rofl:.

Is “do the right thing” a reference to the movie? Yikes…

Have no idea: probably. I just added the likely refrain: What’s right for you!

I think that is a camera 360 and composes (place) the image use opencv or something similar.
Like the cameras of security 360 that aim to the people and generate images without distortion.