Guessing game in blue, green and a little red

Yesterday I tested my new Nikon 200 mm, f/4 AI lens. Wonderful glass for little money. One of the shots I took was this image. I like the abstract and colorful composition. Here’s a little quiz: What does the picture depict?

5 Likes

I think I have the same lens, but not used in years…

Is it litter, under water or ice?

No, no litter.

A nice lens, but also not an easy one.

No clue what your picture shows, but here’s a screenshot from a picture I took with the same lens. It’s not an easy lens…

2 Likes

What do you mean with “not easy”? Sure, you have to take care with the focus but it’s really sharp for a lens from 1979 :wink: .

My sample of this lens is quite flat on landscape (infinity focus) pictures due to internal lens reflections…

Yes, it is :slight_smile:

looks like a tree

I did only a few landscapes yet and will do more tests. In backlight, the images might be a bit flat. But has its own charm.

1 Like

My perception is that depicted is “a reflection in water of something tree-like.”
Or could it be that the effect is shooting through bubble-wrap?
Barrahum! “Tree?! I am no tree! I am an ent!”

1 Like

Yes, it’s the reflection of a tree in a little stream. At the moment of recording the wind rippled the water.

Abstract indeed. I was about to have a little fun and quip Thomas’ dreams

1 Like

A lens from 1979 surely could use a clean, lube , adjust (CLA) service.
I have a AIS 200/4, great little lens after having CLA done. I still don’t consider it very good for infinity focus, but excellent at mid distances and closer.

cheers

1 Like