Hello all,I have a question!!!

Hello everyone, I have a question.
i am a new user of g’mic, i am very happy with the program. i use a macbook pro with mac os High Sierra 10.13.3. unfortunately some G’mic filters do not allow me to use them, presenting a message error. here is a copy of the computer screen. Please, would it be possible for someone to help me be able to use these filters? thank you so much. Carl1 29|454x334

What version of gmic?

2.7.3 thank you!!!

Can you update it? That version is pretty old

first of all, thank you very much for helping me, please, would you be able to explain to me how to update G’mic? I don’t have much knowledge to do it. Once again, thank you very much !!! Carl.

You can update by typing gmic update in your terminal.

No, that won’t update the G’MIC version. Only the filters, and newer filters require the latest G’MIC version. In other words, try to get the latest (currently 2.8.3) and then gmic update or press the update button in the GUI plugin.

You can find the latest versions here: https://gmic.eu/download.shtml. Let us know if you have any problems with the installation.

Hi, poor user of a Mac, like me

gmic, cli and plugin consists of the binary and a large set of scripts. The latter are updated by clicking in the gmic plugin Gui on the update button (with the two half circle arrows. This should be your first trial. If the error persists, David Tschumperlé might help. Although there are newer gmic binary versions, still the older scripts should work, only newer script pieces might fail!

The next step could be to update the binary. This is arbitrarily difficult depending on your degree of knowledge of the Mac OS rspv. the underlayed Unix system. Actually your gmic plugin 2.7.3 might come from the packaged version from @Carmelo_DrRaw . A couple of days ago I saw that this was still the version in the download package https://github.com/aferrero2707/gimp-plugins-collection/releases/download/continuous/GMIC-Gimp-2.10-osx.tgz referenced in the gmic download page.
I don’t know if @Carmelo_DrRaw has updated the plugin package already, I am actually in quite restricted mobile internet to verify the version. If there is no update of the 2.7.3 version, there is only the quite cumbersome way to use a package manager like MacPorts (I use this) or Homebrew to install the actual gmic plugin version.

1 Like

yes, the macOS version of the plug-in is still stuck, but I am looking into that and I hope to be able to provide up-to-date packages very soon.

@Carl1 if you are using my package, please give me a few days and then I’ll get back to you here to announce the availability of new packages.