Help test the new HDRMerge development build for macOS

Regarding the missing icons:

It looks like Contents/Resources/images for these. Will have to add a command to cmakelists to get these copied.

install(DIRECTORY "${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/data/images/" DESTINATION ${CMAKE_INSTALL_BINDIR}/hdrmerge.app/Contents/Resources/images FILES_MATCHING PATTERN "*.png")

This gets the icons into that directory, however it might still be the wrong one, the app is not displaying any icons still…

(Daniel Catalina) #43

The letter case might be a problem. On my system they are all small letters:

ls -al /Applications/ | grep merge
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 daniel admin 96 Jun 30 14:26 hdrmerge.app

If I am not mistaken, macos can be configured to be case sensitive or not …

(Carmelo Dr Raw) #44

Unfortunately I cannot run the latest package on 10.10.5:

Process:               hdrmerge [16939]
Path:                  /Applications/hdrmerge.app/Contents/MacOS/hdrmerge
Identifier:            org.hdrmerge
Version:               ???
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           hdrmerge [16939]
User ID:               502

Date/Time:             2018-07-03 16:30:03.395 +0200
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.10.5 (14F2511)
Report Version:        11

Time Awake Since Boot: 8600 seconds

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Symbol not found: __os_log_default
  Referenced from: /Applications/hdrmerge.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore (which was built for Mac OS X 10.11)
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
 in /Applications/hdrmerge.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore

Thanks Dr. Raw, was wondering about the from-the-web qt5 installation. Will have to compile it locally with an earlier macos SDK than the supported 10.11.

(Carmelo Dr Raw) #46

Talking about MacOS builds, would you be interested in automating the process using Travis CI? It could be set up like for the AppImage, i.e. a Travis job that runs daily, and that generates a new bundle if anything was committed after the last build…

Are you using either homebrew or macports for your dependencies?

I don’t know Travis, don’t use homebrew. I use some deps from macports. Some must be compiled with an old macos SDK. Apparently qt5.11 needs the SDK build as well. But that’s for a generic mac build, not necessarily needed for testing code developements. All-in-all it does sound interesting but I don’t know much about it- however I’d be more than happy to glean what I can from it’s implementation, and test.

@Morgan_Hardwood @heckflosse This addition fixes the missing 3 tool icons on mac… installing the files to Contents/Resources/ is not necessary with the compilation of the qrc file.

https://filebin.net/0hnotp9fvoy6q2tb/HDRMerge-testM.dmg?t=9tdcpe31

here ^ is a test for macOS 10.10 which uses qt5.9.6.

git describe --always
05db8e7

(Morgan Hardwood) #50

Hi @HIRAM, could you include the commit hash in your post when uploading new builds?
i.e. the output of

git describe --always

and in the future once we make a new tag, the output of

git describe --tags

It would make it clear to me what’s being tested in this discussion, since I cannot open DMG files without extra effort.

(Carmelo Dr Raw) #51

I can open the last version on MacOS 10.10.5, and seems to run fine. I will do some more tests this afternoon.

Thanks!

(Carmelo Dr Raw) #52

Ok, in this case I will first try to compile HDRMerge locally with my usual homebrew set-up…

https://filebin.net/4fq8f17txwgi8ynw/HDRMerge-0412739.dmg?t=2p58iq4e
Updated build for mac with latest git 0412739.

(Daniel Catalina) #54

I gave it a quick run today and looks good. The icons for the pen and eraser can be seen now, I could not notice any pink areas, worked fine with the compressed Fuji RAF files.

10.13.6 // quick & dirty test with a 3 exp bra from pentax DNGs, looks good :ok_hand: thank you

(Daniel Catalina) #56

Will there be also a Windows version available?