Help test the new HDRMerge development build for macOS

Regarding the missing icons:

It looks like Contents/Resources/images for these. Will have to add a command to cmakelists to get these copied.

install(DIRECTORY "${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/data/images/" DESTINATION ${CMAKE_INSTALL_BINDIR}/hdrmerge.app/Contents/Resources/images FILES_MATCHING PATTERN "*.png")

This gets the icons into that directory, however it might still be the wrong one, the app is not displaying any icons stillā€¦

The letter case might be a problem. On my system they are all small letters:

ls -al /Applications/ | grep merge
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 daniel admin 96 Jun 30 14:26 hdrmerge.app

If I am not mistaken, macos can be configured to be case sensitive or not ā€¦

Unfortunately I cannot run the latest package on 10.10.5:

Process:               hdrmerge [16939]
Path:                  /Applications/hdrmerge.app/Contents/MacOS/hdrmerge
Identifier:            org.hdrmerge
Version:               ???
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           hdrmerge [16939]
User ID:               502

Date/Time:             2018-07-03 16:30:03.395 +0200
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.10.5 (14F2511)
Report Version:        11

Time Awake Since Boot: 8600 seconds

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Symbol not found: __os_log_default
  Referenced from: /Applications/hdrmerge.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore (which was built for Mac OS X 10.11)
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
 in /Applications/hdrmerge.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore

Thanks Dr. Raw, was wondering about the from-the-web qt5 installation. Will have to compile it locally with an earlier macos SDK than the supported 10.11.

Talking about MacOS builds, would you be interested in automating the process using Travis CI? It could be set up like for the AppImage, i.e. a Travis job that runs daily, and that generates a new bundle if anything was committed after the last buildā€¦

Are you using either homebrew or macports for your dependencies?

I donā€™t know Travis, donā€™t use homebrew. I use some deps from macports. Some must be compiled with an old macos SDK. Apparently qt5.11 needs the SDK build as well. But thatā€™s for a generic mac build, not necessarily needed for testing code developements. All-in-all it does sound interesting but I donā€™t know much about it- however Iā€™d be more than happy to glean what I can from itā€™s implementation, and test.

@Morgan_Hardwood @heckflosse This addition fixes the missing 3 tool icons on macā€¦ installing the files to Contents/Resources/ is not necessary with the compilation of the qrc file.

https://filebin.net/0hnotp9fvoy6q2tb/HDRMerge-testM.dmg?t=9tdcpe31

here ^ is a test for macOS 10.10 which uses qt5.9.6.

git describe --always
05db8e7

Hi @HIRAM, could you include the commit hash in your post when uploading new builds?
i.e. the output of

git describe --always

and in the future once we make a new tag, the output of

git describe --tags

It would make it clear to me whatā€™s being tested in this discussion, since I cannot open DMG files without extra effort.

I can open the last version on MacOS 10.10.5, and seems to run fine. I will do some more tests this afternoon.

Thanks!

Ok, in this case I will first try to compile HDRMerge locally with my usual homebrew set-upā€¦

https://filebin.net/4fq8f17txwgi8ynw/HDRMerge-0412739.dmg?t=2p58iq4e
Updated build for mac with latest git 0412739.

1 Like

I gave it a quick run today and looks good. The icons for the pen and eraser can be seen now, I could not notice any pink areas, worked fine with the compressed Fuji RAF files.

1 Like

10.13.6 // quick & dirty test with a 3 exp bra from pentax DNGs, looks good :ok_hand: thank you

2 Likes

Will there be also a Windows version available?

The latest mac test build @ commit a913a41
https://filebin.net/75malagn7n8sg0dj/HDRMerge_0.5.0-test2.zip?t=xvxpbnle

2 Likes

Same as post above (but new sheets {DNGS}, for the love of good some dignity).
macacos 10.14 // exported 32, 24 and 16 variants, also pngā€™s night dress, :ok_hand:
thank you
Ā 

PS
microrant - mojaveā€™s all dark and sweet words but boy what a royal PITA summer camp of neverending fake securityā€™s bureaucracy, thatā€™s all; smile, peace :v:

Thanks for testing! Did you have issues with gatekeeper when launching?

no no , everything was :ok_hand: (fine / ok ), sorry 4 confussion,
rant was (offtopic and) about OS, nothing to do with hdrmerge =)