Hi from UK and lens corr question please!

Hi guys
New to the forum and also dslr photography ;-). I’ve been checking out many post processing apps and was about to buy one when I came across this excellent powerful package “Rawtherapee”. I notice in the current build I have (4.2.1234) that the lens correction profiles stop at 2012 and I’m wondering how to add newer models?. I understand that RT can read Adobe’s lens correction data but I’m not sure where to get or how to set up RT to read it and wondered if anyone could point me to any info how to enable this please?. My Dslr is a Nikon D5500 with Nikkor 18-105mm lens and also Sigma 105mm macro lens.
thanks
Steve

Hey Steve

The backtick character ` has a special meaning here. When you use backticks when writing contractions such as “I’ve”, instead of the correct apostrophe character ' then the formatting looks broken and makes reading the post difficult. I fixed that in your post, would be great if you’d stick to using the proper apostrophe character in the future.

With that out of the way, LCP files generally come from one of three places:

1. Adobe DNG Converter, which contains LCPs straight from Adobe
  2. Adobe Lens Profile Downloader, which also contains LCPs from the community (i.e. of questionable quality)
  3. Self-made.

See the link “How to get LCP and DCP profiles” at the bottom of the documentation main page:
http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/

Hi Morgan
Sorry about the backtick character always used that elsewhere before and never had a problem not sure where the proper apostrophe is on my keyboard will have to check that out ;-))
I tried the Lens Profile Downloader and that seemed to be only version one with again early profiles so will check out the Adobe DNG converter one.
Many thanks
Steve

@Gasman don’t hesitate trying to make your own - its really simple! And then you have a guarantee that it’s perfectly suited to your gear.