Hi, I just installed GIMP and it automatically (or I missed the option) installed in Finnish language. How do I change the language preference to English (British) ?

Hi, I just installed GIMP and it automatically (or I missed the option) installed in Finnish language. How do I change the language preference to English (British) ?

Welcome!

Edit - Preferences - Interface - Language

Muokkaa - Asetukset - Käyttöliittymä - Kieli

(My contain spelling errors, I don’t speak Suomen kieli!)

1 Like

This won’t help anyone, but is a bit of fun. Just to demonstrate, how similar Hungarian is to Finnish, one of its two relatives spoken by millions (edit: forgot Estonian), the corresponding Hungarian entries are:
Szerkesztés - Beállítások - Felhasználói felület - Nyelv
:slight_smile: (Sorry about the off-topic.)

1 Like

@kofa can you expand on how those words are similar… they seem completely different.

Success,
Thank you.
I had to first change your text to finnish to understand the route.
I would never have found it otherwise.

ke 10. heinäk. 2024 klo 15.13 István Kovács via discuss.pixls.us <noreply@discuss.pixls.us> kirjoitti:

1 Like

I was being ironic. Although Hungarian and Finnish (and Estonian) belong to the Finno-Ugric group of languages, we have no chance to understand each-other without explicitly learning the other language. Sorry about the noise.

Nice, you learn something everyday!

As an englishman living in finland, I can confirm the difficulty of learning the language. It’s 2nd hardest in the world behind that African toung clicking langauge.

ke 10. heinäk. 2024 klo 15.38 Richard E Barber via discuss.pixls.us <noreply@discuss.pixls.us> kirjoitti:

1 Like

Cool- from what I’ve heard about Finland (happiest country) it seems like a worthwhile effort to learn the language.