Hovering over the rabbit hole - RawTherapee - should I jump in?

I agree, after all the time and effort I’ve put in to trying to learn about printing I shall definitely have to at the least try to make some 12x18’s to give away. Heck my sister ripped off one of my best photos from Flickr and printed it, it looks absolutely awful so I’m utterly embarrassed when she tells people her brother shot it. She’d be first in line for a print!
The Samsung Sero intrigues me, I know most printers would be horrified at the idea of exhibiting in this way, but for someone with a small home it sort of makes sense. Yes it’s only 4k but the entire screen flips 90º on a motor. The ability to view a different image every day while still being able to use the screen for TV is pretty cool. Plus I wouldn’t need to worry about specific lighting for prints as the TV is obviously backlit. It’s a major compromise and the Sero might be dropped anyway, I see Amazon have it marked as unavailable.

1 Like

I wrote to the Red Room, it’s run by a guy called Simon Regan, sadly after a week he’s not replied and it seems maybe there’s nothing going on with the Red Room. I’ve discovered a paper that might give me the details I’m looking for (something that compares with Fujiflex). I’m looking at Simply Elegant Metallic Chrome Gloss Inkjet Paper. A friend in the States is doing some testing. If it is up to the job I’d be prepared to buy a roll.