How do I add compatibility for the Fujifilm X-H1?

Hi all,
I’d like to add support for the Fujifilm X-H1. In terms of overall processing, I think it’s quite similar to the X-T2 as the same sensor and processor is used, so RAF files should be quite identical.

Can I know how I can contribute? I have coding experience and can help to make the necessary changes if you can hint the necessary files.
Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @sclimpro

1. RT needs to be able to decode it. As currently RT uses only dcraw for that, you would need to patch dcraw.cc
  2. Shoot white frames so that we can measure the white levels:
    Adding Support for New Raw Formats - RawPedia
  3. Shoot a color target and send me the raw photos:
    How to create DCP color profiles - RawPedia
1 Like

iirc (to double-check) RT can already decode those files, so you should be able to skip point 1 above

@agriggio you’re right, RT can already decode FUJIFILM X-H1 compressed and uncompressed raws.

@sclimpro would be nice if you shot a more colorful sample for https://raw.pixls.us/ as the one currently there barely has any color and so does not make for a good test image. The color target shot would be great, else anything colorful in daylight.

Soon after the X-H1 was released, I tried to open its raw files and saw they were decoded by RT. I used the X-T20 DCP profile and it looked good to me.