How to apply lens correction with mft-cameras without lcp?

Hello everyone,
we use olympus omd-cameras for our daily work.
As far as we know the lenscorrectionprofile is build in raw-data.
Is it possible to activate these corrections?
It looks like darktable is able to use this informations, so we guess it is also possible with rt.

Thank you!

darktable doesn’t read lens correction data from image files. It completely relies on lensfun.

[quote=“Martin_K, post:1, topic:1124”]
It looks like darktable is able to use this informations, so we guess it is also possible with rt.
[/quote]AFAIK RT has some magic to build a lens profile by comparing the raw data to the embeded JPEG which works for mft. It can also eat lightroom lens profiles.

Thanks for your replies,
i didnt know that, thanks for this information houz.

@Jonas, as far as i reasearched there is no lensprofile for mft lenses, the dng-converter which contains this files also did not have any.

The „autocorrect“-Option seems to work quite well, but i think it didnt just apply the embedded jpg or the lens correction, it looks like this option analyses every picture.
Anyway this option works, even if its produces another correction than the jpg-engine inside the camera.

For RawPedia:

The “Auto Distortion Correction” button only works if your camera corrected the distortion of the JPEG image embedded in the raw file (most cameras embed a JPEG image in every raw file, and some cameras correct the distortion of that image too). What this feature does is it looks at the JPEG image and, if it was corrected, tries to fix distortion in the raw image by making it match the JPEG image.

I would like to see the usage of the in-file distorsion information.
Rawpedia now says it does some kind of matching with the preview image.

“What this feature does is it looks at the JPEG image and, if it was corrected, tries to fix distortion in the raw image by making it match the JPEG image.”

source: Lens/Geometry - RawPedia