how to "dismiss all" notifications?

I was too busy to log on for several months but have some more time and now I have a long list of Notifications and cannot click ‘dismiss all’ as there is a no-entry sign over it when I try. Using Firefox 66.6.01 Quantum on Ubuntu 18.04
I now have deselected topics other than one I just raised which has been very helpfully addressed thanks.
Have clicked on the notifications to read them but they stay in my list after reading. Not a big deal if that’s how things work though.
Matthew

You’ll always have a list of notifications if you click your user avatar. If any of those notifications are highlighted, a dismiss button appears at the bottom. Clicking it will unhighlight everything.

@mnsh click on your avatar in the top-right corner, a panel pops up, and in the bottom-right corner of this panel is a “Dismiss” word-button. The tooltip says “Mark all unread notifications as read”.

1 Like

I have the list in a thin window, it has an arrow button centre bottom to show more, when I click that I get a full window list of Notifications and on the bottom left a button saying (tick) Dismiss All, whose tooltip is as you say, but when I go to click on that button the mouse cursor changes to a no-entry sign and it can’t be clicked.

If you’re using JavaScript blockers or other extensions, try disabling them.

The entries won’t disappear, just their background color changes to signify that they’ve already been read.