How to tell where darktable's data folder is

I use darktable 3.2.1 with Windows 10. I want to move all the darktable config and data DB to a USB drive so I can keep it with my image library. I have tried with limited success to use the command line options of where to locate/use the data directory, etc. What I’m looking for now is any way to confirm in the darktable GUI exactly where the current catalog DB is located. At least that way I can confirm the command line parameters were set correctly. Any way to see this in darktable GUI?

Where is it now have you moved it…if not it will reside in appdata. Just copy the folder to your drive and use --configdir “path” to run DT from your shortcut…Translated DT Config Files Document v 4.3.txt (20.6 KB)

I know that is how to have darktable use a different catalog location. What I’m asking is how can I confirm that it was successfully done.

I’ve used the command line parameters to indicate a new location but when I import new images they seem to go into the catalog in the default location. The catalog files in the new location do not show they were modified (after I exit out of darktable).

Could you show the command line you used?

No longer have it since I tried many. However, I am now reading the file priort referenced, so I will try again with this new detailed info.

BTW, that file, Translated DT Config Files Document v 4.3.txt, has a lot of grammatical errors. Some even negate the intent of the statements, and are thus factually the opposite of what they should be. Is there any way I can edit that file and submit it to the project without having to learn all about git and github?

Are you using the double –

It works for me but I don’t use the catalog ie the library database I only use the data database the saves all settings and presets…I use memory as my library database…option…as I work on several PCs

It was originally French I must admit I also did a cut and paste to make it text to allow it to upload so it may not be that bad…but it is only as good as the translation software…
The configuration and operation files of darktable.zip (177.2 KB) This version might be more readable…