How will RT scale with a 4k display?

Hi,

I’m thinking of getting a 15’ laptop and I am wondering if Rawtherapee will scale correctly or if I’ll end up with miniscule sliders etc.
Can anyone help me on this?

Thank you
Stephan

I believe the GTK3 interface will solve this, but it us not yet the default.

There’s an opened issue for this, there are some elements like the icons that will not scale up (not too complex to solve), and probably other part of the GUI. We don’t have any 4K monitor to test, so we it may take some times before this is solved…

I have a 4k monitor; I could test if you want.

I can help with the icons, I just need clear instructions on what the end result should be. I believe Gtk+ 3 supports SVG icons, maybe all that is required is to make dark and light versions of the icons and get rid of the PNGs?

Thanks for all the replies, seems I started a more technical conversation :sweat_smile:

If they all exist as SVG, then yes. However our icons are colored (blue) and I don’t know how to change that to be light or dark on the fly.

KDE Plasma uses SVG icons, and it does no color changing on the fly, it shows them as they are, so I guess we should do the same. I don’t have GNOME, but I wage it does the same. I can script light and dark versions of those SVGs, that’s not a problem. What might be a problem is that some of those SVGs use filters which may or may not work in Gtk3, and may or may not slow it down. But that’s also fixable (manually). But that’s something I will do only once RT-5.0 is released.

Just for feedback,

I got the 4k monitor and everything looks fine (scaled) in RT so far!
(Gimp on the other hand looked like an ant collection :joy:)