I installed Darktable v. 2.7 but I found v. 2.6.2

I downloaded the development version 2.7 from here: Release release-2.7.0 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub, I installed it in MacOS 10.12.6 (Sierra) from terminal using Homebrew, but I always find myself with version 2.6.2. Can anyone help me? Thank you.

There is no 2.7 release for MacOS or Windows. Note that 2.7 is a development release that you need to build from sources anyway.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer.
But aren’t the source of development version 2.7 here? Release release-2.7.0 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub
How to compile them in macOS? I thought Homebrew was fine, but maybe it compiles from the official package (2.6.2) and not from where I want it. Is that so?
Tanks.

homebrew will probably use the stable version. this 2.7.0 tag is for development purposes. it basically marks the beginning of 2.7.0. which will end up in a 2.8.0 stable release around christmas (if we follow the same plan as last year)

I know it’s a development version, but I’d like to try it. How can I compile it in macOS?

See the instructions in the repo: darktable/BUILD.txt at master · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub

1 Like

Thanks but it seems too complicated for me :smiley:

It‘s not complicated, it just needs some time. But it‘s worth spending the time. Apart from editing some files it‘s just copy paste shell commands …

I tried to follow those instructions but too many errors are generated. Who has already compiled and can give me some help? Thank you.

Someone can explain to me how to fix the errors that appear when executing the command on line 14:
> iMac-di-mac:~ mac$ cp -R “$(port dir python36)” ~/ports/lang

Error: /opt/local/bin/port: Failed to initialize MacPorts, sources_conf must be set in /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf or in your /Users/mac/.macports/macports.conf file
cp: sources_conf must be set in /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf or in your /Users/mac/.macports/macports.conf file
    while executing
"mportinit ui_options global_options global_variations": No such file or directory

Looks like macports isn‘t installed properly. Maybe uninstalling (see 2.4. Uninstall MacPorts) and reinstalling the installer package might help.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve uninstalled macports following your instructions.
I have successfully reinstalled, without having error messages.
But the problem with line 14 remains that it says:

sources_conf must be set in /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf

In my macport.conf file, sources_conf is set:

# Location of the MacPorts sources list.
sources_conf                           /opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf