Image collection - filter specific folder and either of two colors

I use colors to tag pictures (e.g. Selected, Candidate, Panorama, HDR series etc)

I’ve been trying to find the way to filter the collection to achieve this:

• only show shots from a specific folder (trip)
    AND
    - only show shots that are either Red OR Purple (say, Selected OR Candidate)

This is what I tried:
First a “Folders” filter pointing to the specific folder I needed.
Then: a “Color label” filter - in the “Color Label” field of the image collection module in the left sidebar, I could only specify one color - trying two colors like “red OR purple” “red, purple” only seems to take the first color.
Tried adding two color label filters, using an “add more images” connector, and then selecting the second color. This doesn’t work well, as it includes images from “outside” the folder that I specified in the first step. It’s like the second Color Label filter (purple) is applied to my entire collection, and not only the Folder specified in the first step.

Is there a way to “slice” the collection and get images only from a specific folder, that have either color of a list of (e.g.) two.

Currently it’s a little cumbersome. You have to add a rule for more images, there select your filmroll again, and then limit that one to show color tags.

So in the end it will look like that to show yellow and green:

Screenshot_20180115_123709

This is great, thanks for the pointer.
It seems then that every time you use the “Add images” == “intersection symbol” (in math), DT
starts a new filter chain including all images in the collection. Not very intuitive for me but now I’m clear and this does the job. Thanks again

It’s following the boolean math rules, but unfortunately there are no brackets so that you have to bring it to its basic Form (don’t know the correct mathematical term in English).

DNF.

1 Like