Improvement for raw auto ca correction

RawTherapee has a quite good tool to autmatically correct chromatic aberrations for raw files using an algorithm which is also used in darktable and photoflow.

Though it works quite good on images with not so much CA, it fails to remove the CA on images with a lot of CA.

Left is without raw auto ca correction, right is with current auto ca correction

As you can see, the ca is reduced a bit but there’s still a lot of ca present

Now take a look at this one:

Left is without raw auto ca correction, right is with the improved auto ca correction

:slight_smile:

8 Likes

For rt users which build rt from source, the code is already availale in this branch

Hi! Very nice! Is it worth to build packages for this branch, or do you plan to merge it into dev soon?

I think it will be merged into dev soon as it’s full backwards compatible (just set the new raw auto ca correction iteration adjuster to 1 to get the old behaviour)

How does it work?

@CarVac It works by calling auto ca correction on the result of auto ca correction on the result of auto ca correction…

2 Likes

Perhaps I will get a chance to test it this weekend. It looks powerful. Things like this can eliminate wanted colour though. I find that it takes quite a while before you notice the negative side effects of tools like this.

@nosle. Please take a look at this issue as well. Hopefully it will prevent eliminating wanted colours :wink:

This issue is about to avoid the negative side effects of raw ca correction.

Wow! This tool looks great! It will be highly appreciated and eagerly awaited for the “normal” version! Thank you!

Hello,

It looks great :slight_smile:

Is there a way to merge it locally on my hard drive into the branch I’m actually using : newlocallab ?
A quick search got me :

git merge rawcacorrection_iterate

but I don’t think it’s for local because it tells me :

Veuillez me dire qui vous êtes.
Lancez
   git config --global user.email "Vous@exemple.com"
   git config --global user.name "Votre Nom"

Git won’t let you do anything until you tell it your name and email for the commit message.

I don’t have nothing to commit, I want to merge it on my local copy to get RT with both experimental functions.

It’s already merged into dev. I guess it will soon be merged into newlocallab

The new raw ca correction code is in newlocallab branch since yesterday.

Great, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like