Integrate this functionality into RT? Normal Map Generation

Just curious if it would be valuable for RT to include this type of tool.

It would allow for the creation (ideally) of high quality normal maps from a series of images present in an RT session.

As with lockable color pickers this tool is geared toward 3d, texture artists and such. Think games industry, VFX, and Archvis.

As i mentioned in the discussion of lockable color pickers, RT is actually the perfect tool for this area of work. Though I don’t think the 3d community necessarily even knows about it. Which is a shame for both communities.

Anyhow, im hoping this catches someones attention, and then maybe turns out to be super simple to implement. That would be awesome :slight_smile:

Fortunately or unfortunately, we are the evangelists and marketing people for our programs. If you think the tooling is worthy, please tell your colleagues :slight_smile: .

True enough…

Ill make some posts on the CG forums to hype it up and point out the benefits for texture artists. I have an idea to try and get it some exposure. If i can pull it off perhaps they will feature it on a well circulated 3d blog. Ill try to get it together soon.