Is a Nikon D5600 Color Profile included within RawTherapee-4/RawTherapee-5?

Is there a Nikon D5600 Color Profile included within RawTherapee-4/RawTherapee-5?

The Adobe DCP does already include a Nikon D5600 color profiles, so I’m guessing RawTherapee currently uses those for when Color > Color Management > “Camera Standard” is selected. (I grepped the code and do not remember seeing any mention of the D5600 though.)

I can get colors close to the original, but trying to make sure I acquire good accurate or at least adequate colors.

Some options, buy a DKG color card to make sure colors are matching or just purchase the Spyder 24 color reference card and create my own profile? Any thoughts on the SpyderCube (SC200) or any other Spyder products for use alongside RawTherapee?

Think I’m hearing all the hype correction, just get the “X-Rite ColorChecker Passport Photo” (MSCCPP) product and take a reference photo/exposure at each location, and likely for each lens combination.

From here, whether I only create two color profiles, one for sunlight and one for tungsten lighting, or a profile for each location is entirely up to each photographer’s preferences or available time for accurate color reproduction.

No.

No.[quote=“Roger, post:1, topic:3748”]
buy a DKG color card
[/quote]

There are no spectra for that card in Argyll nor DCamProf. If you get it, you’d be locking yourself into their software, unless you make your own reference file (it describes the CIE XYZ coordinate or the reflectance spectrum of each color patch) and a chart layout file. Unless you find the spectra online, you will also need to buy a spectrophotometer - extra 500$. Furthermore, the DKC-Pro Multifunction Color Chart is not a 24-patch Macbeth chart, it has fewer patches.

As above, but there are spectra available for the SpyderCHECKR 24.

The most used chart is the X-Rite ColorChecker Passport, though it costs about 1.5x as much as the SpyderCHECKR 24. If you get either of these then we can include the resulting DCP in RawTherapee.

You don’t need it and it won’t improve your photography.

If you have money itching to leave your wallet consider donating to an open-source project instead.

Certainly not for each lens, and in real life not even for each location.

The adjustments you make to your raw images during development alter the tones far more significantly than the difference caused between using a standard D50-StdA dual-illuminant DCP vs one made specifically for that light. Of course the color target manufacturers will have you believe otherwise.

Don’t get glossy charts.

Calibrate and profile your monitor.

Yup. I just happened to catch a DGK Color Chart review (or else where) stating the DGK color chart(s) were glossy.

Also, I just now realize X-Rite and Spyder are two separate companies. And as such, purchased the X-Rite Passport (MSCCPP) and not the USB version (MSCCPP+USB) today. (For those reading here, the MSCCPP+USB appears to have fewer color samples than the MSCCPP version.)

If we’re all lucky and all of the stars and moon align correctly (eg. I get everything correct the first or second time), I might be able to submit a DCP profile for the D5600 before our tropical Summer temperatures arrive next week in Ohio here.

I apparently already have a really good Dell U2713HM monitor/display and stated as being well calibrated from the factory by default (although very slightly off), and your concern with color profiling monitor as well is well noted here. Shrugs, if I were making money via photography, I’d run out and profile my monitor as well. (Little known problem, you can’t profile the rest of the World’s monitors/displays.)

Thank you for your time for writing a response!

@Roger no need to wait for summer if you live in Ohio, just follow this guide How to create DCP color profiles - RawPedia and if you would send us the raw files (not the DCP files - we make those ourselves!) then we would gladly include a profile for the D5600 in RawTherapee.

May I ask: what software do you use to produce the DCP files?

DCamProf